Keywords: strawberry cookies, strawberry oat cookies, cookies, valrhona inspiration strawberry
- Prep Time: 8 hours 0 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 8 hours 30 mins
- 160g Elle Vire Unsalted Butter
- 70g Sugar
- 150g Cassonade Brown Sugar
- 100g Eggs
- 8g Vanilla Extract
- 195g Rolled Oats
- 150g All-Purpose Flour
- 4g Salt
- 2g Baking Soda
- 2g Baking Powder
- 30g Freeze-Dried Strawberries
- 120g Strawberry Inspiration
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, mix or cream the butter and sugars together at high speed for about 1 minute, then at high speed for 1 more minute. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing at medium speed. Once the last egg is in, finish with the extract and mix at high speed for 1 minute, until it looks like the lightest shade of pearly yellow. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a silicone spatula, again.
- Separately, mix the dry ingredients together, and add all at once to the egg-butter mixture. Paddle it on the lowest setting until it just comes together. You should still be able to see some dry flour.
- Add the strawberry chocolate, mix at low speed for 15 seconds. Follow with the dried strawberries and do the same. The dough should be very pliable and creamy-looking.
- Scoop or roll into logs and freeze for 6-8 hours for best results when baking.
- To bake, set an oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet tray with parchment and place cookie scoops or cuts at least 11/2” apart, depending on the cookie size. For best results, allow the cookies to thaw out for 10-15 minutes before baking (while the oven preheats). Then bake for 5-6 minutes, turn the tray and bake for another 5-6 minutes. Let them cool for at least 10 minutes. They will be super soft and hard to grab straight out of the oven.