For the Pies
- 250g of apricots and spices Veneziana
- 80g of liquid cream
- 80ml of milk
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla extract and and pepper extract
- 200g brown sugar
- Mint leaves for garnish
For the Pineapple Chutney
- 50g pineapple
- 3cm fresh ginger
- 200ml rice vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- 50g of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Coarsely chop the Veneziana in a large bowl.
- Wet the mixture with 80 g of cream. Add the eggs and freshly ground Voatsiperifery pepper.
Mix with your hands all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mixture.Butter 4 molds and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Pour in the mixture up to one finger from the brim and sprinkle with a little brown sugar. Bake at 190° for about 15' (time may vary depending on oven used).
- Chop the pineapple into 1 cm cubes. Combine grated ginger, sugar, chili pepper, apple cider vinegar and turmeric.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into a non-stick pot.
- Bring the pot to a boil, lower the heat and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove from the cocottes and serve piping hot with a couple of teaspoons of chutney and two mint leaves.