Recipe created by the chefs of La Maison De L'Excellence Savencia®
Servings: Serves 4
Keywords: Croq' Appetizers, Elle & Vire Butter, Elle & Vire Emmental, Appetizers
- 8 medium slices of bread
- 200g Elle & Vire UHT Milk
- 15g Cornstarch
- 150g Melted Elle & Vire® Unsalted Gourmet Butter
- 300g Elle & Vire Professionnel® Emmental de France Grated
- 4 cooked ham or cooked chicken slices
- Salt and pepper
- 160 g mixed green salad: Batavia and Radicchio
- 40ml classic vinaigrette with wine vinegar, peanut oil and hazelnut oil
- Make a bechamel sauce: dissolve the cornstarch in cold milk, add salt and pepper. Bring the milk to the boil. Off the heat, add 100 g of grated Emmental. Cool down.
- Trim the crust of the slices of bread. Using a brush, coat both sides of the bread slices with melted butter. Take a small amount of the Emmental and place it on 4 slices of buttered bread.
- Place the slices of cooked ham or chicken on top of the bread slices, then add some bechamel sauce and grated Emmental on each slice of ham or chicken. Close the croque-monsieur with the 4 remaining bread slices.
- Coat with bechamel sauce. Sprinkle grated Emmental on top of the slices of bread. Press down on the bread so that the fillings do not become loose. Bake at 180ºC (356ºF) for 12-15 mn until brown and crispy.
- Cut the croque-monsieur in half diagonally. Serve them with salad.