Recipe created by the chefs of La Maison De L'Excellence Savencia®
Servings: Serves 8
Keywords: Emmental Quiche, Quiche, Elle & Vire Emmental
Shortcrust Pastry (500g)
- 250g flour
- 125g Elle & Vire® Unsalted Gourmet Butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 100ml water
- 20g egg glaze
- 6g salt
- 4 eggs
- 600ml Elle & Vire Professionnel® Advantage Cooking Cream
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg
- Mix the flour and very cold butter, add the salt, egg yolks and water. Let it chill for around 2 hours before use.
- Roll the pastry out to a thickness of around 3mm. Line a greased circular baking tin with the pastry. Prick the pastry base with a fork. Let it rest for at least 1 hour. Line the pastry with greaseproof paper and fill it with baking beans.
- Bake this pastry base blind at 170ºC (338ºF) for around 20 minutes. Remove the baking beans. Glaze and put back in oven for 3-4 minutes to allow glaze to set.
- Sprinkle Emmental (grated or diced) inside the pastry case.
- Beat the eggs along with the salt, the pepper and the nutmeg. Add the cream. Mix well and strain.
- Pour the egg mix over the Emmental.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C (320ºF). Put the quiche in the oven and cook it for 15 minutes, then add the remaining grated Emmental and cook for a further 20 minutes.
- Let the quiche rest once it is out of the oven to make it easier to cut.