Recipe developed by Sébastien FARÉ, Culinary Executive Chef of La Maison de la Crème Elle & Vire®
Servings: Serves 10
Time: 20 minutes
1L of Sublime makes 33 glasses
Keywords: Cream of Carrot Soup with Crab Meat, Elle & Vire Sublime Cream with Mascarpone
Cream of Carrot Soup
- 500g carrots
- Salt, pepper
Sublime Cream with Olive Oil
- 250 g crab meat
Step 1: Preparation of the cream of carrot soup
- Peel, wash and thinly slice the carrots.
- Transfer to a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add salt, pepper, sugar and a few drops of Tabasco®.
- Cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add a little water if the texture is too thick and correct seasoning.
Step 2: Preparation of the Sublime cream with olive oil
- Option 1 (using a siphon): Pour all the ingredients into a siphon fitted with 3 gas cartridges.
- Option 2 (using an electric mixer): Whisk all the ingredients together using an electric mixer.
Step 3: Presentation
- Spoon the crab meat into the bottom of a glass.
- Add the cream of carrot soup (served hot or cold).
- Add a large spoon of Sublime cream that has been whipped with olive oil.
- Decorate with bread croutons.
Chef tips: in which other ways can this recipe be used?
- Depending on the season, the carrots can be replaced with courgette, broccoli, peas or cauliflower.
- To control cost per portion, the crab meat can be replaced with grated seafood sticks, flaked tuna, tinned sardines or mackerel: low cost per portion o lobster or scallops: high cost per portion
- The cream of carrot soup can be flavoured with finely grated orange zest whilst the carrots are being cooked. Remove the grated zest before blending.
The advantages of Sublime Cream with Mascarpone in this recipe:
- Hold of the whipped cream: excellent hold for 48 hours at 4°C (39°F).
- The recipe can be made in advance